Saturday, April 4, 2009

Magazines for Education


I live in a bubble. I am pretty clueless to current affairs because I don't listen or watch the news. I reply on my hubby, who continuously scans CNN on his blackberry. But I do read my magazines where I gain brief insights to what is going on in the world.
This month I was excited to read about a fashion designer who has set up his production in Africa. "Max Osterweis felt the need to do more than just write a check to an African-based charity, and many in the luxury business share his commitment to give back." (Time Style & Design)
It has been so distressing to learn about the western world's charity back-firing in the past. Putting farmers out of business and such... This article filled me with hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.