Wednesday, April 1, 2009

She's gone Country


I remember the days when I said I would never live south of Provo. That part of the county had a bad reputation for being behind the times in fashion, verging on hickish.

Today I am so happy because Salem finally has a grocery store! I am pleased to participate with the locals, showing my support by spending my money close to home.

Woodland Hills consists of residential buildings only, so Salem is my step-city. Over the last two years I have enjoyed afternoons at the Salem Pond with the boys, and appreciated the convenience of its post office, credit union and my favorite quilt shop! We have just recently discovered its library, which we have sorely missed since leaving Springville.

Yes, I am very happy living in my hick town. But does that mean I am truely a country girl? I still believe I could be happy living in big city. Happiness is all about intergrating your life with the beauty and businesses that your location has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.