Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hot Air Balloon Season




When I was growing up, I spent four of my formative years in Alberquerque, New Mexico. It is the location of the world's largest hot air balloon festival. I remember waking up early and going with my family, and who ever else would come into town that year, to watch them all blow up and fly away.

Ever since Henry has been old enough to notice the large, colorful objects in the sky, I have been taking him to the local balloon festivals. Each spring I look forward to these few mornings with glee.

First up is Art City Days in Springville: June 12th and 13th at 6:30am, located at the Junior High behind Ream's Grocery Store.

Next is the bigger production for the Freedom Festival: July 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at 6:30am, located at the open field across from UVRMC Emergency Room.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.