Sunday, September 6, 2009

Missing in Action




I can't believe how long it has been. Last month I was busy at my sewing machine and then finished the summer with a trip to Lake Powell. So fun.

I was crazy for the water! So smooth, so blue, and a lovely temperature. I went swimming every day.

I was introduced to a Monte Cristo, which is a sandwich dipped in batter and fried golden for breakfast. The sandwich fillings may vary according to your tastes. The most popular choice on our boat was peanut butter, banana, and bacon. So yummy.

The thing I liked best about being in Lake Powell was being completely absorbed into my atmosphere. Being free to choose whatever activity I wished: reading, kayaking, making a sea shell picture frame...

I feel like a lucky girl and refreshed, able to actively pursue a full life back at home.

2 comments:

  1. Kimberly-

    BEAUTIFUL photos!! That sounds like a great vacation... I'm a bit jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh ahhh, thanks for getting me excited for our trip there. I don't know why I seem to be the only person that gets stressed out thinking Lake Powell, these photos remind me how lovely and calm it can be.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.