Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world


Heavenly Father created for me.

I was about the throw away the boy's bath toys, when the thought occurred to me to check Martha Stewart's website first, to see if she had any tips for cleaning off the soap scum. The answer came - soak in a mixture of 1/2 cup vinegar for each gallon of water. She had a whole list of ways to keep your bathroom clean using natural ingredients. I ended up cleaning my drains as well.

I started thinking about these techniques that have been used in the past. I am guessing that main stream America forgot them some time in the 1950's when cleaning products started appearing in the market. But really, this knowledge wasn't only for the pioneers into the present. I am going to guess that people on the earth have been cleaning their homes with vinegar for centuries. Which is so perfect. When Heavenly Father put us here on the earth he provided a way for us to be clean. Just like he provided herbs and spices to make our food delicious.

These thoughts correspond with our study of the Creation this month in Sunday School. I am so filled with joy when I realize how clever Heavenly Father is. Oranges, which provide us with Vitamin C, are in season right at the time of year when we need a boast!

3 comments:

  1. you DO NOT disappoint... i was needing some kimberly!!!!!! this post says it all!!!!!!! sweet perfect honest deep thinking kimberly!!!!! i should take it a step further but smell over rules that i will NEVER clean with vinegar.. how ever left me thinking praise be to the man...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, I was reading this same article last week! Who needs cleaning products?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly! Love your blog...it is gorgeous. I read this article too and was so excited to use natural cleaning products!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.