Thursday, July 22, 2010

Lemons & Limes


I have been throwing a fourth of a lemon into the blender for each on my green smoothies. It fights skin cancer! But Sarah asked me if limes have the same benefit, so I did some research. Apparently lemons and limes are amazing! And we should find ways to add them to our every day lives.

Lemons are an anti-bacterial. They fight infection, prevent colds, reduce fever, and aide digestion. Lemons calm anxieties, relieve asthma symptoms; they are useful in maintaining healthy teeth and bones, and strengthen blood vessels, therefore useful for high blood pressure. Pretty impressive.

The benefits of limes are quite similar because both are high in Vitamin C and potassium. I did read that limes help burn fat. One website suggested drinking one glass of warm water with one lime's juice. They said after one week on drinking two glasses a day you should see some results. Limes also reduce cholesterol and fight cancer of the mouth, skin, stomach, colon, lung and breast. So the answer is "yes."

2 comments:

  1. woot woot, and they're uber yummy, thanks for the research!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM LOVING!!!!! all new posts!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.