Monday, May 7, 2012

The Pittsburgh Half Marathon

I just spent the weekend with my family.  Why?  I went back to my hometown to run thirteen miles with my Dad and my brother Michael.  There were over twenty-five thousand runners, so you can imagine the crowd that came to cheer us all on.  There were sixty live bands, high school cheerleaders, even a children's choir to help distract us from our task.  I say distract in a good way.

We ran through the Cultural District, the Strip District (which includes the freshest food shopping available in the city); we ran over several bridges, through old neighborhoods, and back through Downtown ending at the Point, a park at the point of the three rivers.


After mile six I was ready to be done, but I kept pumping my arms to propel me forward.  As soon as I crossed the finish line I thought, "That wasn't so bad".   My friend Annette says that happens to her every time.  I guess I like races because is forces me to exercise and I think its fun to participate in a community activity.  This race had the added bonus of family time.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.