Thursday, June 21, 2012

Food coloring

In honor of my sister Kylee's birthday, I want to share something that is important to her.

 Kylee has taught me to check the ingredients of all food purchases, looking for partially hydrogenated  oil and high fructose corn syrup. I couldn't believe all the places these ingredients were lurking. Next Kylee is teaching me to think about food coloring. Again I surprised where I am finding them. Why avoid them?  They are chemicals, and natural is always better.

Here is a link that teaches you how to make your own food coloring, useful for when you are making frosting.  And if you would rather buy it, here is the Amazon page for India Tree Natural Decorating Colors.

Here is a link for when you want to shop for candy that has no artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors or preservatives.





If you are buying candy at the grocery store, consider Mamba.
They are colored with tumeric and paprika.      Or Hi-Chew, colored with grape seed.          


I know its a year away, but I am also going to include directions of how to naturally dye Easter eggs.  It's pretty impressive what Mother Nature is capable of.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.