Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Muppets



I have always loved the Muppets.  I watched The Muppet Show every Sunday night in the 1980's.   One afternoon this March,  I heard about the Muppets' new movie being nominated for an Oscar in the "Best Song" category.  I hadn't seen it at the movie theater, so I was cracking up as I listened to "Man or  Muppet"  for the first time over the radio.  Music for this film was written by Bret McKenzie.


I just stumbled across more fun Muppet material.  The Chaos Theory: A unified theory of Muppet types  by Dahlia Lithwick, featured on Slate.com.  Basically, the idea is we are all either an Order Muppet or a Chaos Muppet.  A Kermit or a Grover, a Bert or an Ernie.  When trying to figure out what you are, Lithwick says

 "It’s hard to be ruthlessly honest when evaluating one’s own Muppet classification. As is the case when going shopping for white pants, your best bet is probably just to trust a friend. "


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.