Friday, August 10, 2012

Sting

Today we get to hear "Fields of Gold" by Sting, a beautiful, peaceful song about marriage.  

Last Christmas when we were in England, we spent an afternoon driving in the car. My eyes and my mind were enthralled because we discovered on BBC2 Radio, a two hour interview with Sting, in honor of his sixtieth birthday.



  I was fascinated when he told the story of how he decided to quit the Police and go solo.  I think the Police have some of the best songs in rock 'n roll, and Sting said, "well, I knew what life would be like if I stayed".  It was the unknown that drew him to leave.  I was amazed at Sting's adventurous spirit and I think he has succeeded in creating his own genre of music.


This second clip is the official video, but not accessible to hand held devices, so I have included the version above to cover all bases.

Okay, back to the subject of marriage...after all the bumps through life, to have one constant person with you is a blessing.  A blessing that we should take the best care of.  For me, the secret is to remind myself -  along with my testimony, my marriage needs constant nourishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.