Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Jean Valjean


Jean Valjean - what a man!  I am not going to be a thorough as I was with Fantine's plot line.  Just some great quotes from Victor Hugo and some beautiful music.



"He had no weapon but his hate.  He resolved to sharpen it in the galleys and take it with him when he went out."

"His conscience weighed in turn these two men, the bishop and Jean Valjean.  Anything less than the first would have failed to soften the second."


"The pupil dilates in the night, and at last finds day in it, even as the soul dilates in misfortune, and at last finds God in it."


"He bore me through death in every form which he put aside from me, and which he accepted for himself.  All courage, all virtue, all heroism, all sanctity, he has it all, Cosette, that man is an angel!"

"Bring Him Home" from 25th Anniversary Concert


                                         "Who am I? 24601" from the 10th Anniversary Concert

1 comment:

  1. Wow.
    Great page.
    Thank you.
    That scene in the recent film, where Jean Valjean is bringing up that poor dying boy from the sewer, was like Christ bringing up the lost from hell at his resurrection. It is moving my soul today. What a wonderful gospel story. I wonder if you, or some of your friends, could write a story in a modern context that might show some of these great truths in the gospel. May I encourage you do to do so?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.