Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Pop into Paris



Delta Airlines has a direct flight from Salt Lake City to Paris.  We used this path on our way to Italy this fall, and decided to spend a day in Paris before heading back to the New World.

The thing I love best about Paris is it's lack of skyscrapers, everything is old and beautiful.  And I really like the statues that you find everywhere you go.


              Each time I passed by a statue, I wondered who are these people and what is their story?


    Particularly surrounding the Louvre and on the Cathedral of Notre Dame, there were so many characters


                          I decided I'd like to get a book to teach me about all the Catholic Saints


This Paris post is in honor of my Les Miserables week


We had two great nights with completely opposite dinner experiences.  The first night we headed to the Budda Bar, a very swanky Asian restaurant.  We were tucked into a corner table on the main floor; the lighting was dim, and as we enjoyed our five course meal, we couldn't help but comment on how great the music was.

Our second night, we went out with umbrellas in search of  crepes, and ended up in the tiniest of places.  It was big enough for a counter and three tables. We each ordered a savory crepe for our dinner and a sweet one for our dessert.  Our main was a buckwheat crepe filled with potato, Swiss cheese and creme fraise.  Very very good.  For the dessert we all chose different toppings - apple, chocolate, lemon, and coconut.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.