Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies

I found this picture along with the recipe on abeautifulmess.com (which by the way is a great website for ideas on beauty, recipes, crafts and more.)  As soon as I saw this picture I couldn't help myself.  I had to make them.

My mom used to make chocolate whoopie pies when I was little.  She'd make lots of them and freeze them. I've been tempted but never actually made them as a grown up because I didn't know what to do about the filling.  I don't use shortening in my kitchen.

Emma's recipe suggests marshmallow creme or your favorite frosting.  Well, my favorite is cream cheese frosting!  I doubled the recipe, so I tripled the frosting thinking about how much frosting it would take to make my whoopie pies as picturesque as these.  In the end, Henry said it was too much so I have some extra frosting in my refrigerator. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.