Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Mary

If you love women in the scriptures, I must introduce you to my favorite BYU Religion professor, Camille Fronk Olson.  She has such a passion and shares her knowledge with a smile.  Here is a list of all her books she has published:  she has books on Eve, Mary and Martha, the Woman at the Well, plus a collection of all the women in the Old Testament.  Right now I am in the middle of reading Mary, the Mother of Jesus.

               I have always been drawn to Mary.  Here is some artwork for the Christmas season.

                           I couldn't find the name of the artist, but I think this picture is gorgeous!

                                  This is an interesting interpretation.  Artist: Steve Nethercott

                                                 "Kiss the Face of God" Artist: Morgan Weistling

                                                "Journey to Bethlehem"   Artist: Joesph Brickey

                                                    "A Light to the Gentiles" Artist: Greg Olsen

                                                        "Song of Angels" Artist: William Bouguereau

"Light of the World" Artist: Jay Bryant Ward 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.