Monday, February 18, 2013

South Pacific


Today I am still in Valentine's mode because tomorrow is my wedding anniversary   So for Musical Monday I tried to think of a very romantic show to share and came up with South Pacific.  There are not very many songs more magical than "Some Enchanted Evening".

And I just love the psychological sequence of  "I'm gonna wash that man right out of my hair"
followed by "I'm in love with a wonderful guy".  It's so fun to watch Nellie  fight her feelings and then give in to love.

These pictures are from the 1958 movie starring Rossano Brazzi and Mitzi Gaynor.

There have been more recent productions featuring Glenn Close and Reba McEntire.

I am not a Reba fan, but everyone else in this concert is excellent.


Here is a little bit of "I'm in love...." comparing Mitzi to Glenn

One of the best songs in this show is sung by the Navy, "There is nothing like a Dame".
I love these lyrics and I soo enjoy men's voices.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.