Monday, April 13, 2009

The Drive Back




For our drive back from Las Vegas, Daniel decided to run into Target and buys some cds to help entertain us for the five hour journey. We enjoyed listening to Les Miserables. The words to "Do You Hear the People Sing" really gave me something to think about.




It is a music of a people who will not be slaves again


Is there a world you long to see?


Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free.




I have been reading a small book about women and their contribution to the American Revolutionary War. I am really enjoying it because I can imagine myself in their shoes. These women were brave and worked incredibly hard. They sewed thousands of uniforms and cooked meals for large numbers of soldiers. I am impressed by the couragous lengths they went to in order to warn their men of danger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.