Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Law of Consecration


Thursday night we watched Slum dog Millionaire and I was blown away. Completely loved it and felt such yearning for the people depicted in the film.


During the following Sunday School lesson, my teacher instantly had my attention as he asked us to consider our two most glorious goals for this life and how they relate to the Law of Consecration. After reading several verses and discussing with our neighbors, the class came up with a couple excellent thoughts.


1. Heavenly Father loves us and he wants us to love each other

2. One of the three main goals for the church is perfecting the saints, therefore by taking only what we need we are practicing SELF- CONTROL. (Always a hard one)


I was also struck by D&C 78: 6

"For if ye are not equal in earthly things ye cannot be equal in obtaining heavenly things;"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.