Wednesday, May 6, 2009

New York, New York, a hell of a town!



My weekend trip to Manhattan with my mom and my sister was a blast! The wide range of shopping just kept us going and going. I thoroughly enjoyed myself at the Tinsel Trading Company, picking out striped grograin ribbons that I have decided to use on new pillowcases for the boys bedroom. We also shopped for clothing, toys, books, NBC paraphernalia, and piano sheet music.

While shopping at the clothing store Zara, I fell in love with a floor length floral chiffon dress with an empire waist. I decided it was simple enough for me to make myself. I loved the way the fabric puffed out, so feminine. I can belt it in the early summer and then let it flow as my belly grows.

Additional activities included a horse and carriage ride thru Central Park and tickets to see Guys and Dolls. It is a show I am very familiar with, I own the movie starring Frank Sinatra. But it always fun to see live performances and we were extra excited when we discovered TV and movie stars were playing the lead parts. Nathan Detroit and Miss Adelaide were played by Oliver Platt who recently starred in Frost/Nixon,and Lauren Graham from the Gilmore Girls.

I can't wait to go again!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.