Saturday, June 27, 2009

Pittsburgh Arts Festival




I recently happened to be visiting in Pittsburgh during the city's ever popular Arts Festival. It's an event I never used to miss while I living there.

The two artists who caught my eye happen to be photographers. The first is Conny Dempsey who specializes in statues from old cemeteries. Her web address is angelphotographer.com

The second artist is Darrell Lane who captures daily life in foreign places like Africa, Asia and South America. I couldn't copy any of his photos to show you, but I found this portrait of hims with one of his photos in the background. I was attracted to the beauty, vitality and humanity of his subjects, in addition to the composition. I would really like to add one of his pieces to my walls; I am just thinking over the perfect spot. His web address is lanefineartphotography.com

One thing I noticed while browsing the festival, photography is a more affordable art. That's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.