Monday, April 19, 2010

Books about Books



I visited my local library recently and found some real treasures.
"How to Make Books" by Esther K. Smith has some great ideas that are not too scary for a beginner to attempt. The "instant book" is the simplest and very satisfying. Consider the possibilities. I checked out this book for gift ideas, but I can see myself using these techniques for making my own travel logs.

The other book I learned alot from was "Decorative Journals" by Donna Downey. There are 25 different uses with 25 different designs ranging from a home binder to leave with babysitters to cataloging your craft supplies. Of course Downey includes her interpretation of the traditional journals: a mother's journal, a prayer journal, to-do list, and my favorite, a home decor journal.

2 comments:

  1. I loved that you brought that book with us to Sundance and had Annette and i make crafts before we ate our yummy appetizers. Classic that Shane wanted in on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Kimberly! This AM has been insane!! I am online to fill out this paperwork for my mom that has t be done by 430 and jumped over to say happy bday. I want to call you today when it frees up a bit. but I wanted you to know I havent forgotten. You were the first thing on my mind this morning!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.