Monday, April 5, 2010

New Discoveries




It's been awhile but I have a few things to share that have excited me. Or I could say they have "brought me joy", like my friend Annette likes to say.

First: Haagen daz ice cream, flavor pineapple coconut

Second: Hugh Nibley, Mormon scripturian. I am reading his paper titled "Patriarchy and Matriarchy". It is brilliant! Beginning with Adam and Eve and continuing through until the time of Christ, Brother Nibley gives examples of men and women working well together and also of when they fight against each other. Not only is he well versed in the scriptures, but he includes examples of marriages from Greek mythology and Shakespeare to create an intriguing look at our history as men and women.

Third: Zumba, an exercise class with international music. The older women in my neighborhood have always been good at waking up early to exercise together. They noticed when a new place in town opened up offering Zumba, yoga, and Pilate's classes. My friend Alice told me how much fun she was having and thought I would like to come try. It turns out the Zumba class is right when Arthur and George are at preschool and I do love it. I rarely get to dance and I am digging the music. Indian, African, Latin and hip hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.