Saturday, May 22, 2010

Posterity





Posterity is one of my most favorite words because of the emotions it invokes inside me.

I visited my friend Alice this week and studied her wall of family photos. When her children were five years old she took them each for a head shot style portrait. She had them dressed in a white shirt or blouse with a white background, and the film was black and white. Years later she used the same formula for each of her grandchildren.

You can not tell the difference between the generations in terms of style! It's am amazing collection of her posterity. Sweet sweet faces.

I am thinking of applying this idea to my family, expect Henry is already six, so I will have a six year tradition. You could variate the style according to your liking. Halloween costumes or beach pictures would be fun to collect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.