Saturday, January 15, 2011

For Myself

























It doesn't happen very often, but I have just made myself a skirt to wear on Sundays. I used a very textured wool and have made the hips a bit roomy in order to fit me in the coming months. I have been wanting a warm skirt and the snow will still be here for another three months. Then next winter I can easily alter the size for a smaller me. I have taken the picture with my Christmas silk still on the mannequin, so now it looks like a blouse for my skirt.

I have also solved my search for a duvet cover in the master bedroom. Bedding can be expensive and making it usually is also costly, because it requires so much fabric. My solution was to buy two sets of sheets and sew the flat sheets together. Now I have two sets of fitted sheets and pillowcases, which I alternate week to week so they don't wear out, and a reversible duvet cover! I am pleased.

2 comments:

  1. I love the duvet print. I just got a king bed so it will be easier for me to find sheets. That will be my next project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.