Thursday, April 26, 2012

Oahu



In March Daniel and I traveled to the island of Oahu.  For three nights we stayed in Turtle Bay and loved sleeping with the doors open, waking up to the sound of the ocean.  I collected some old pieces of coral and baby pine cones on the beach, which I now enjoy looking at in a dish on my bedroom dresser.  While on the North Shore, we dined at local shrimp shacks and thoroughly enjoyed coconut shrimp with green salad and garlic shrimp with macaroni salad.  The Hawaiian Temple is on the north side of the island and was very breathtaking to behold.

For the next part of the trip we met our friends at Waikiki, the famous beach in Honolulu.  There we shopped, visited  Pearl Harbor, and swam in the ocean.  Our favorite meal was at Alan Wong's where we chose the five course sampler meal.  It's so fun going to new restaurants when everything is so amazing.  You're giddy the whole night, well I am.  I purchased a few prints from  local artists, and have also displayed them  in my bedroom.  The thing that makes Hawaii so worth the flight over the ocean is hearing the laid back Hawaiian music everywhere you go and learning about their very interesting history.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.