Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Birdie's Big Girl Dress




I found a new book I love. It was right there when I walked into the children's department at Barnes and Nobles (now the only bookstore in town, please please don't go out of business!)

Introducing the cutest little girl, Birdie. Watercolours are always my favorite medium for children's illustrations and I just love the style of Sujean Rim's characters. Instead of painting all the dresses, some were made of actual fabric cut to shape and then scanned in. This combo is a fun mix with the watercolours.

There is another book featuring this lovable character, "Birdie's Big Girl Shoes". Usually I refrain from buying girl books, as I live in a house with all boys, but I am so smitten, I am going to treat myself to this book as soon as I finish my next goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.