Wednesday, June 6, 2012

The Weight of the Nation

"If you go with the flow in America, you will end up overweight or obese."  That's a quote from HBO's documentary The Weight of the Nation.  I know I am five pounds heavier now than I was before my last pregnancy, and that was seven pounds heavier than my target weight.   I have been stuck here for the last six months and I have found myself thinking "I look pretty good, maybe its okay if I don't lose any more."  But I know that is a slippery slope.



This documentary is fascinating.  I have posted Part Four: Challenges, but I also really liked Part Three:  Children in Crisis.  You can find it on youtube.  One of the experts interviewed brought up the point that most people who quit smoking or drinking, quit cold turkey.  You can't quit eating!  Because we have to make difficult decisions over and over every day, we desperately need support from each other.  
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.