Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spoonflower

I noticed Spoonflower.com mentioned in my Good Houskeeping last spring, its a website where you can upload your designs and they will print it out on fabric.  I tore out the page and posted it on my bulletin board.  But it wasn't until I saw it mentioned again in Martha Stewart's Living later in the summer, that I was persuaded to finally log on and check it out.


 Kevin Sharkey had water-colored a monogram, printed it out with Spoonflower, and then used the fabric to upholster this chair.  His design was so simple it looked like a child could have done it.  Seeing how carefree he was with his design gave me the courage to say "I can do this".  I will share with you my design on another post, but once I visited this website I discovered tons of amazing designers.  I couldn't copy their images to show you, but I have some links below to give you a taste of what you can find.  Yeah!  Another source for when you are searching for the perfect fabric!

Yellow flowers

New York City

Red Flowers

Vintage Fashion


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.