Sunday, July 1, 2012

Enchanted


Late afternoons at Lake Powell was movie time, time to rest from the sun.  I had two favorite films on the trip, the first was Beezus and Ramona.  I read all the Beverly Clearly books as a child, and I happily watched with my eyes glued to the screen, as I was very curious to see these familiar characters come to life.  



The second favorite film was Enchanted, Disney's fun story of what happens when  fairy tale characters are  relocated to New York City.  It's hilarious when Amy Adams starts singing "How Does She Know"  and Patrick Dempsey states he doesn't know that song.  What? You're not going to burst into song too?

I think because I know what it feels like to be on stage, I am more appreciative of other performances.  I try always to be attentive, smile and give a big applause at the end.  It doesn't matter if its a live production, or if its a movie.  This was not the first time I've watched Enchanted, but I just loved the Central Park scene so much, that I joyfully clapped at the end of the song.  The musicians, actors, designers, and choreographers all worked so hard, succeeding in delighting me, and they deserve my praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.