Monday, July 30, 2012

Mary Poppins


Did you watch the opening ceremonies for the Olympics on Friday night?  My very favorite part was at the beginning with the childrens' choirs singing hymns, so beautiful.  
 My next favorite moment was when the Mary Poppins flew down and saved the children from the big bad villains of English literature.

I grew up watching the 1964 film Mary Poppins with Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dike, and I love it now just as much as I did.

 

I didn't realize Mary Poppins started as a set of books written in the 1930's by P.L. Travers.


For several years now I have only heard good things about the Broadway production which began in 2006 and  is still packing in the audiences.  Here is a nice overview clip.

This clip shows off the set design that I have heard is so amazing.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.