Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Simplify the home

About twice a year, when people will ask me what I am up to, the answer will be "Going through my house, cleaning out and reorganizing."  Well, it's that time again.  When I consistently feel I can't get the house to look presentable, it's time to take action.

Last year Emily gave me a great resource for this task. Project: Organization by Marie Ricks
This book was very easy to read and to put into practice.  My copy is underlined here and there so I can quickly refresh  my memory of tips I have forgotten.  Here is Marie's website for more ideas.

Today I am focusing on the boys' bedroom.  My goal is to have only three bottoms and five tops for each boy, the closet has become unmanageable since I have introduced exercise clothes to their wardrobe.  And only their very favorite toys will be allowed to keep residence in the sleep area.

Once noticeable progress is made on one room, it motivates me to keep my focus for several weeks, until I feel happy about the condition of my home again.  Here we go.



I l

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.