Saturday, July 14, 2012

My Role Model

After four years of being the ward Choir Director, I have just been released and called to be to a Sunday School teacher.  I am very excited to become acquainted with the youth in my class and to study and share with them.

Already in my first lesson, my love for the Savior has grown.

Whenever I find myself losing my temper, I say to myself, "This response is not acceptable. How would Jesus handle this situation?"  So in terms of showing love and patience, I instinctively look to Jesus as an example.

My further "light" in understanding came from a lesson about Self Mastery.  Luke 22:39-46



 I'll just quote verses 41-44.
"And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed.
Saying, Father if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him.  And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and he sweat as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground."


Jesus was obedient.
Jesus did not take the easy way out.
Jesus prayed for strength.
Jesus endured to the end.


If we make the effort to make the right choices, we will be blessed with strength to perform great things.

We were put on this earth to succeed.

John 3:16-17
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved."
                     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.