Sunday, August 26, 2012

Prince of Egypt


I love this movie.  I have seen it many times and never tire of it.  I  remember reading the introductory captions in the movie theater, and being very impressed with Steven Spielberg.  He was being a missionary, he was sharing his beliefs with the world in a way that we all could enjoy and understand.  

   
So often we brush through stories in the bible and miss the opportunity to imagine what it really was like for the brothers, sisters and prophets that we are reading about.  Though there are creative details added to the story of Moses, Prince of Egypt really helps us comprehend the grandeur of growing up as royalty in the time of the pyramids, and then the shock of discovering Moses' real origin.



My very favorite song is "Through Heavens Eyes" sung by Jethro, Moses' soon to be father'n law.  It always fills me with hope, if we could just keep this perspective always.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.