Wednesday, October 24, 2012

New York City '12


The day I flew to New York City, I had a long list of things to do.  As the day grew closer to my departure hour, my anxiety become intense.  By the time I arrived at Daniel's office to drop off Teddy and head to the airport, I was questioning whether all this work was worth three days off.  "You look stressed,"  Daniel said as he watched me walk through the door.  "I am", I replied.  It could the whole drive to the airport for my chest to stop feeling tight.

Well, I am happy to report, it was worth it!  All week I've been replaying  New York in my mind and fantasizing when I can go back.

                                  The highlights include: running in Central Park with my Dad


                                    visiting with my friend Jaime and walking her children to school.
                                    It was raining and cute little Truly twirled her pink umbrella.



                                       shopping at my favorite store, Anthropologie

soaking up Monet's "Waterlilies" at the MOMA


                                                      attending Chaplin on Broadway

               and stopping to eat between every activity.  My parents and I savored cheesecake and                   sandwiches at Benash Delicatessen, Fluffy's Cafe, Cafe Europa & Bouchon Bakery.

Let's go back the Museum of Modern Art.  Monet makes my heart swell with joy.  I am happy to study his colors for long periods of time.  As we walked away from the "Waterlilies"  I found myself singing Sinead O'Connor's "Nothing compares to you".  A visit to the museum is worth it just for him.  But I did discover a few others that were pleasing to my eye.

                                                  Henri Matisse "The Piano Lesson

                                                           Gustav Klimt "The Park"
                                               

                                                            Steinlen "La Rue"

This last one was lovely and extra special because it's done on paper! The whole scene is a huge 118 inches by 92 inches and is constructed with six pieces of paper put together.

One more thing to share before I go...I had a Sweet Potato & Brie Sandwich with Walnut Butter, toasted.  Have you ever thought about using sweet potato in a sandwich?!  That's why I love to travel -  I always come home with new ideas.  Thanks Mom and Dad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.