Thursday, November 1, 2012

Newport Beach, CA


Daniel and I have been going to Newport Beach since we were first married.  
It remains our beach of choice.

That and Corona Del Mar. 

Posted by Picasa  
 Newport is big with a nice mixture of beach goers. 

 Corona is small, only ten minutes from Newport and oh so perfect for children.  


The other thing we love to do when we are in southern California is visit old town Orange City.

We love to eat out on the sidewalk of Watson's Drug & Soda Fountain.  Cobb salad, tuna melts and milkshakes of course.

There are lots of fun antique shops to browse.

They are full of clothing, furniture, jewelry, memorabilia, and more

Daniel likes to hit the Old Army & Navy Store.  See?  There's fun for everyone.

It's so nice when a favorite destination doesn't disappoint.  We love our Southern California vacations, and then we love to come back to our mountain home.

1 comment:

  1. I want to go and have a thrifty look through the second hand store. I bought a jacket from one when I was with Emily and Sarah in Utah just before I turned 18 and it remains in my wardrobe as one of my favourites. Nice posting Kimberly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.