Thursday, December 6, 2012

Picture Frames

Anyone who has been in my home knows I am not afraid to hang up pictures. 
 This is a wall in Daniel's home office.  

But every since the painter filled in all my nail holes and freshly painted the family room and the boys' bedroom, I have been afraid of hanging my artwork back up.  Maybe I don't know if I'm in love with it anymore, and now's a good time to change. Also I want to be more responsible this time and try hanging most of my pictures in a stud instead of plain sheet rock.

Well, Tuesday night we finished decorating the tree and Henry asked "is that it?  Is that all the decorating you're going to do for Christmas?"  Yeah, I thought.  I have decorations in the entry way and kitchen, what else is he wanting?  "Aren't you going to hang the pictures back on the wall?"  He was right.  The family room  felt unfinished with the bare walls.

So yesterday I hung up my British flag and three of my pieces of English art in red, white and blue frames.
Disclaimer: I let the boys decorate the tree this year.  But I am loving my wall of frames.  Thanks for the push Henry.  Now its time to tackle my wall of frames where I feature our extended family.

This is what I had before.

And this is what I would like to do now.  I found it on Pinterest.  I am just a little nervous about them all falling off the ledges when the door gets shut too hard or when a ball goes falling.
  But I am excited thinking about it.  Just need to shop for the shelves.  

Here is what I have hung over my fireplace mantle.
And I hope you are enjoying your Christmas season. 
 I just received my first Christmas card and went to my first party.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.