Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Twelve Dancing Princesses

I just love the fairy tale of The Twelve Dancing Princesses. 
Artist: Sheilah Beckett
 Those clever young women.  Out smarting every suitor that comes to discover they secret, oh that is until one arrives with a magic invisible cloak. 
Artist: Elenore Abbott
 And what a life they lead - forests with gold and silver trees, lakes with princes waiting to row them across to the dance hall, dancing until they wear holes in their shoes! 
 Ooo la la.  This is my kind of fantasy.

I can't find the illustrations I grew up with,
 but I have come across a very fun version illustrated by Kay Neilsen.


               Here is Kay's page of other fairy tales she has published & available at Barnes and Noble.

1 comment:

  1. Great gallery. My favorite fairy tale of the Golden Book series. The top photo is the version I long to own.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.