Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Little Miss Austen



For Christmas my sister'n law Helen gave me the DVD of Pride and Prejudice with Keira Knightly.  I have never seen this film before and am not familiar with the story as I am with Sense and Sensibility.  But I knew   everyone raves about it and also the BBC version from the 1990's with Colin Firth.


So as soon as the boys were back at school and Teddy was down for a nap, I placed my pile of ironing in front of the television and was ready to enjoy myself.  What is it about the 1800's that makes their stories so cozy and so appealing?  Well I decided in those next two hours what book was going to be on my reading list this year.

The very next day, look what I found at the BYU Art Museum Gift Shop!  The cutest board book.
            A counting book for little girls.   I don't want to spoil your discovery so I will only show one page.

After looking online, I found this author and illustrator have also made counting board books on Romeo and Juliet,  Alice and Wonderland, Jane Eyre, Dracula, and A Christmas Carol.  Such a great idea.

1 comment:

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.