Sunday, February 3, 2013

Peter Pan

My high school performed Peter Pan  during my junior year.  I wasn't very happy cast as an Indian; I struggled to learn the dances and there was no opportunity for standing out vocally.  Yet, these songs have found a fond place in my memories.  Pirates that sing and dance are funny.

 Even the Indian "Uga Wug" song compels me sing out when I randomly recall it.  But there's one song that I can really relate to...

"I've Gotta Crow"  sung by Peter Pan when he figures out how to get his shadow to stick to himself again.  Sometimes I am pleased with myself and I find this song coming to my head.
                                                         Here's Mary Martin performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.