Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Valentine's Gifts

 
I love giving to neighbors and friends at Valentine's Day.   There are no expectations, so anything is a delight to the receiver.  Chocolates, flowers and baked goods, such fun ways to show your love.

Last year I gave my neighbor a bouquet of beets because she doesn't eat sugar.  Wrapped with twine and cellophane, they made a pretty package.








This year I have found some unique dishes at Anthropologie.  I can't wait to give one each to my boys.
 I think they will love using them every night for their dinner.

And of course there is the cards and sentiments to consider.  Last year I wrote poems.  Here's an example:

Arthur,
You have a big big heart,
You like shopping at WalMart.
In swimming class you are the best,
Hundreds on your spelling tests!
Sometimes at recess you get sweaty,
At night you sleep with all your teddies.

This year I am going with the theme
"The hearts of the children turn to their fathers"
a scripture from Malachi 4:6 referring to family history. 
I am excited and I will share more later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.