Monday, November 23, 2009

Casanova



Last night I had a pretty nice dream. I was picked up in a horse and carriage by Gordon Ramsey, who then proceeded to swoon and seduce me. The funny part was Emma Thompson was there, turning around from the front seat to watch. Eventually I remembered I have a husband, so I said good-bye at that point.

I think my dream came because Daniel is regularly spouting Gordon's words of wisdom that he has learned from BBC's Kitchen Nightmares. But speaking of suave men and amazing food, I have to tell you about my last meal I enjoyed at Pebble Beach. I just spent last weekend there with our friends Shane and Truly. The restaurant was called Casanova, and I was in heaven while eating my meal.

Good company, festive atmosphere and slow cooked short-rib beef with crispy polenta. Every bite was thoroughly savored. Food for the soul. You might think I bring up my soul too often, but I have recently discovered the definition of soul: the union of the body and the spirit. So now that I understand I can use the term confidently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.