Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Dinner Problem


I recently purchased a book from my neighbor Connie Solok. She has written "Back to Basics" that is giving me lots to think about. Connie begins with helping you write your life mission statement. It was very satisfying to produce something so specific for me. The rest of the book you can jump around the chapters depending on which area you want to focus on next. She gives lots of ideas on how to improve yourself and at the end of each chapter you pick one goal; write it down and how you will reward yourself when it is complete. Double rewards! I already feel good for completely a goal AND I get something special on top of that. So far I have enjoyed watching the movie "Hello Dolly" and next I am looking forward to picking out a new sweater for the fall.

My most recent goal I have selected is to figure out six healthy, simplified dinners. This will bless my family and help me to feel less stressed each day as dinnertime comes around. I have set up categories to ensure variety throughout the week.


Night #1 Soup w/ Sandwich or Salad
Night #2 Mexican
Night #3 Roast
Night #4 Omelet
Night #5 Asian
Night #6 Italian

I went the extra mile and made a list expounding on each category with page numbers referring me to different cookbooks. Then each week I make a menu and ingredient list the day before my big shopping trip. It's not fool prool, but I do feel so good about myself as a wife and a mother on the nights when I conquer dinner. And feeling good is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.