Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Living within a Budget


Our ward had a Mini Women's Conference in October and I took a class on budgeting. The teacher said you need to think about your goals. Big and small, near and far. Realize how money plays a part in helping you achieve many of your goals. This is important to help you stay focused.

After you have received your paycheck, pay your tithing and then pay yourself 20%. Next pay your bills and with what's left, set up a budget for the rest of your expenses (groceries, gas, babysitter, etc.) Any left for savings? Well with your 20%, you can choose to save it or treat yourself to clothes, music, etc.

My teacher also told about a website called Mint.com and I have since read from another source it is legitimate and a safe place to record your financial goals. Try it out. Stating my goals really helps me keep my money in Savings, in addition to having Mint.com track my progess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.