Sunday, May 27, 2012

Good-bye Mr. Chips


Last November my neighbor Robert Earnest Williams passed away.  He was the most cheerful man, who always blessed my family with kindness.  The boys and I still talk about him regularly, even though his widow has since moved away.   Not only was he a special neighbor, but he was also the song leader in Primary for three years.  All the children adored him.  He would wear his utility belt and construction hat each week when he taught the Primary song "I am a Builder."

"....My Heavenly Father sent me here, and He knows I can be,
Strong and righteous, as I build my Eternal Family...."


 For his funeral I was asked to be in charge of one of the special musical numbers.  Robert's favorite male friends from Woodland Hills were chosen to sing "Did I Fill the World With Love?"  and I arranged the practices along with accompanying them on the piano.  Yes, Brother Williams, you certainly did.

 This piece of music came from the movie Good-bye Mr. Chips. I love the earnestness of the school boys singing  in their school assembly and the passion of Petula Clark who can't resist belting it out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.