Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Lots of Baby Blankets

Earlier this year I was requested to make blankets for Daniel's clients whose wives were having babies.

first there were twin girls


but then we realized there had been a mistake. Oops that was a bit embarrassing, twin boys!

Next we got it right, twins again.  One boy, one girl.



















Then there was our good friends from Chicago, John & Heather.  They had a baby girl and named her Georgia.  I used a scarf I had taken on our trip to Italy four years ago and a sweet sailboat fabric because her daddy is a sailor, then I embroidered g's on the sails.

 The last blanket was made of the same girl fabric as the first twins, that ended up being boys, except one side was all cream sweaters sew together.  After it was assembled I did tons of hand stitching with embroidery floss, some in long straight lines, and other stitches on the brown fabric to create a ripple effect.  I didn't know what I was committing to when I started.  The finished product had an old fashioned feel to it and I was pleased.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.