Friday, May 18, 2012

Sandra Turley

For my birthday my mom gave me an album of Broadway songs performed by Sandra Turley.  I used to be friends with her older sister when I lived in Danbury, Connecticut and now she lives near my parents in the D.C. area.  Sandra graduated from BYU and then went on to live the dream,  playing the parts of Cosette and Eponine in Les Miserables for several years before becoming a mother.

I am impressed with Sandra's vocal range and the precise control of her tone .  She performs a great version of "Popular" and "Girl in 14G", but I always appreciate learning a new song when I listen to an album.  I am enjoying "Christmas Lullaby" from  Songs for a New World.  I think the lyrics are special.  If you click  http://sandraturley.com/album/ you can hear a sample of each song on the album.

"In the eyes of Heaven, my place is assured, I carry with me Heaven's grand design.
Gloria, Gloria, I will sing the name of the Lord, and he will make me shine.
And I will be like mother Mary, with a blessing in my soul,
And I will give the world my eyes so they can see.
And I will be like mother Mary, with a blessing in my soul,
And the future of the world inside of me."





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.