Thursday, January 10, 2013

Wedding Gifts

When I read  Project:Organization  by Marie Ricks last summer she had a chapter on wedding gifts.  Marie says keep your life simple by deciding ahead what you give out for family wedding gifts, friend wedding gifts and acquaintance wedding gifts.  A set gift or amount for each category, then there's no wasted time and aggravation with worry.

Marie Ricks gives garden hoses. It's a great idea.  Something useful that everyone has to buy for themselves.

                     I have given quite a few sets of Christmas stockings to newly weds in the past.
This year I branched out and made a Christmas tree skirt for my favorite babysitter.
 Definitely more time consuming. If I was to do this again, I'd need a pattern, because there was a lot of trail and error just going for it.

Daniel likes to give his male friends tools or guns when they get married.
I think I'm going to start giving out sewing kits.

These are sewing kits I made for my newly wed sister 'n law Sally and Luke's Kristina for Christmas.
The trick would be to make them assembly line style and have them ready to give out when announcements come in the mail.  

1 comment:

  1. love this idea, gifts made ahead of time are usually more fun. having a deadline makes me stressed!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.