Sunday, February 10, 2013

Peter and the Starcatcher

Last week's musical of Peter Pan  reminded me that there was a production of Peter and the Starcatcher  which just finished playing last month in New York on Broadway.  It had caught my eye in  fall, but we choose our tickets for Chaplin instead because it gave us the best seats.

Anyway, this play is based on the popular book written by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson.    From what I can gather from the highlight clips on youtube, their strength is in the acting and comedy, and not so much the music. You'll see what I mean when you watch for yourself.

Very fun stuff.  I can tell this show really captured the audience in the story and world of Peter Pan

Here is a clip for my costume friends out there.  This show won a Tony for Best Costumes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting, I always appreciate feedback.